I as a dog handler I agree to:
- Ensure that the welfare of the dogs in my care is a priority, not only at dog shows but at home and on the road. Their well-being, security, and safety is to be placed above all other business considerations. The ultimate responsibility for the dogs cannot be transferred to assistants or others.
- Conduct myself in a sportsmanlike manner at all times in my relationships with fellow handlers, assistants, exhibitors, judges and clients, which includes courteous verbal interchanges and a professional appearance.
- Abide by all published AKC rules applying to registration and dog shows.
- Conduct my business relationships with clients in a fair and honest manner, based on a published rate schedule and handler/client agreement.
- Provide my clients with their ribbons, trophies and information about their dogs' placements at each show in a timely manner.
- Provide my clients with itemized monthly billing statements.
- Ensure that my clients thoroughly understand payment and release terms.
- Avail myself of educational opportunities as may be established by the AKC.
- Inform the handlers department of any change in home address, telephone number, kennel facilities or travel vehicles.
If you are interested in having me handle your dog, please email with some information about yourself and dog and I can send you my show schedule and handling fees.